National Grange Youth Officers Team
APPLICATION POSTMARK DEADLINE: September 1
-Applications must be sent to the National Grange Youth Development Director
Purpose: To assemble a team of Youth from across the nation to open the National Grange convention on Friday morning at the annual session. This will provide more youth with an opportunity to participate in the National Grange Convention.
- The Grange Youth Officers Team will march in, open the Grange in the fourth degree and march out.
- Master, Overseer, Steward, A.S., L.A.S., G.K., and Chaplain have speaking parts.
- Lecturer will need to select an opening song.
- Secretary will need to be prepared to call the roll of Youth officers – which will be established following the application process. Secretary is responsible for learning how to pronounce the names of the officers correctly.
- Ceres, A.S., and L.A.S. will need to know how to present the flag properly according to the Official Flag presentation ceremony offered by the National Grange.
- A.S. and L.A.S. may submit suggestions for the seating & retiring drill. Also, please limit the time of the opening drill to 6 minutes and the retiring drill to 3 minutes.
- Musician applicants must submit a musical demonstration tape or CD. A musical piece should be no more than 3 minutes. Musician may make suggestions for March Music. The National Youth Development Director will screen any music suggestions for appropriateness.
- There are 18 offices to be filled: Master, Overseer, Lecturer, Steward, A.S., L.A.S., Chaplain, Treasurer, Secretary, Gatekeeper, Ceres, Pomona, Flora, and four executive committee positions and Musician.
- Those applying for a position should be Grange members who are at least 14 years of age and not over 35 years of age.
- The National Grange Youth Development Director will contact each applicant with additional questions during the selection process.
- The selection process will be based on letters of recommendation as well as the application.
- NEW Applicants must have attended a regional conference the same year they apply and participated in Sign-a-Song or a Public Speaking contest.
- NEW Youth may not serve twice in the same office. Pomona and Flora will be considered one office as well as Executive Committee.
- NEW Youth Officers will participate in an Officer Meet and Greet at National Session on Wednesday night. This is a networking and learning opportunity for the Grange Youth.
- NEW Applicants must attend their local regional conference the year they apply.
- Youth Officers, or their individual states, are responsible for their own transportation, and some meal costs. Youth housing (4 per room) at the National Convention will be available for any who wish to participate.***
- Youth Officers will get complimentary tickets to the G.R.O.W. Club Reception, Celebration Banquet, and the Youth Tour.
- Each applicant will be notified of the results no later than September 20th, so that each has adequate time to make travel arrangements
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from a member of their local Grange –preferably master – and state youth director or state Master.
- Applicants must be committed to memorizing their speaking part if the office they are applying to fill has a speaking part. Each Applicant must be willing to comply with the dress guidelines that will be established for Youth officers.
- Current Horizon Leadership Ambassadors and John Trimble Youth Legislative Experience delegates are not eligible to apply.
**** Youth housing at the National convention will be available for any who wish to participate. If funds are available in the Grange Foundation Youth Leadership Fund financial assistance will be given for lodging and meals. If funds are not available all expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the youth participating.