Purpose: To assemble a team of Youth from across the nation to open the National Grange convention on Friday morning at the annual session. This will provide more youth with an opportunity to participate in the National Grange convention.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE N.G.Y.O.T APPLICATION
Deadline September 1, 2016
- The Grange Youth Officers Team will march in and open the Grange in the fourth degree and march out.
- Master, Overseer, Steward, A.S., L.A.S., G.K., and Chaplain have speaking parts.
- Lecturer will need to select an opening song.
- Secretary will need to be prepared to call the roll of Youth officers – which will be established following the application process. Secretary is responsible for learning how to pronounce the names of the officer correctly.
- Ceres, A.S., and L.A.S. will need to know how to present the flag properly according to the Official Flag presentation ceremony offered by the National Grange.
- A.S. and L.A.S. may submit suggestions for the seating & retiring drill. Also please limit the time of the opening drill to 6 minutes and the retiring drill to 3 minutes.
- Musician applicants must submit a musical demonstration tape or CD. Musical piece should be no more than 3 minutes. Musician may make suggestions for March Music. The National Youth Development Director will screen any music suggestions for appropriateness.
- There are 18 offices to be filled: Master, Overseer, Lecturer, Steward, A.S., L.A.S., Chaplain, Treasurer, Secretary, G.K., Ceres, Pomona, Flora, and four executive committee positions and Musician.
- Those applying for a position should be Grange members who are at least 14 years of age and not over 35 years of age.
- The National Grange Youth Development Director will contact each applicant with additional questions during the selection process.
- The selection process will be based off letters of recommendation as well as the application. Preference will be given to qualifying youth that have not served on the N.G.Y.O.T. Youth previously serving as Master are ineligible for re-application.
- Each applicant will be notified of the results no later than October 1, so that each has adequate time to make travel arrangements. Each member of the N.G.Y.O.T. will receive a special certificate.
- Applicants are required to prove that they have earned a minimum of three achievement awards, which have been earned between August 31 of the previous year and September 1 this year. One award seal must be completed in the John Thompson Ritual Achievement Award. They will also need to complete the Grange Trivia Test.
- Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from a member of their local Grange – preferably master – state youth director, and state Master.
- Applicants must be committed to memorizing their speaking part if the office they are applying to fill has a speaking part. Each Applicant must be willing to comply with the dress guidelines that will be established for Youth officers.
- Single youth applicants must not have become pregnant or have children during term of service. If under 18, must have parent’s consent.
- Current Horizon Leadership Ambassadors and John Trimble Youth Legislative Experience delegates are not eligible to apply.
- Youth housing at the National convention will be available for any who wish to participate. If funds are available in the Grange Foundation Youth Leadership Fund financial assistance will be given for lodging and meals. If funds are not available all expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the youth participating.
Applications must be postmarked by September 1 to the National Grange Youth Development Director