Opportunities for Legislative Experience
National Convention Youth Legislative Experience will provide opportunities for one or two Grange Youth, age 16 – 35, with an interest in the legislative aspect of the National Grange to see the inner workings of committees and the grass roots legislative policy development effort at the National Grange Convention.
DOWNLOAD THE LEGISLATIVE EXPERIENCE APPLICATION
Deadline September 1, 2016
- Each youth will serve on one of the legislative committees reviewing resolutions as a voting member of the committee and as a youth staff assistant to the National Grange Legislative Director. Participants will watch the delegate body take action on the resolutions and assist in other ways.
- An individual may participate in the program a maximum of one time.
- As a youth staff assistant they will be assigned some additional logistical duties so that they can see how the back room production process works at the convention. These duties will not conflict with the opportunities of seeing the National Delegates work on the floor.
- As guests of the National Grange their room cost will be paid (which will be shared with other participants) plus meals or tickets to certain meal functions.
- Transportation will be participant’s responsibility.
- Any participant who fails to comply with the guidelines set up will be expected to pay their own expenses.
- Applications will be submitted to the National Youth Development Director, who will share applications with National Legislative Director and National Master in making selection of participants and assignment to committee.
- Please include letters of recommendation from your Subordinate (community) Grange Master, state youth director (if applicable) and your State Grange Master.
Applications must be postmarked by September 1 to the National Youth Development Director.